Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Last River Running Session- Spring is Coming

Throughout the winter I took trips down the nearby river on my 250cc snowmobile, often skimming lengths of water 50 feet in length, and occasionally running rapids and just barely escaping the grasp of hidden springs. It was a worthwhile venture each time, as I probed the forests deeper and discovered new scenes in the perfectly still river snow. Only managed to sink it twice, both easy fixes. This summer I'll be taking the same route farther, when I get my canoe. Here's a capture from Google Maps, the yellow line showing the area covered by snowmobile.


Here are some pictures of the area, including more from a seperate hike in the trails along the side of the river I took a week or so after.

Click on the thumbnails for larger images.

In the marsh


One of the smaller river crossings. About 12'.


Damn beavers. Decent turbulence to boot over.


Spades in the ice and water.


From the hike on 03/29/07. The sky was massive and clear that day.


The thick-looking northern forests are more spacious on the inside.

1 comment:

OGTL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.