Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Three times in one day April 1st 2008

A big snow storm blowed through here last night, leaving two feet of powdery drifts and leading to road closings. What better time to take out the snowmobile and start making new trails? I went ripping down a power line and was pretty surprised at just how deep the snow was. I kept on the gas because if i were to stop it'd end there. A while later after being misdirected by a particularly large drift I collided with a small spruce tree. Didn't have the camera, but the snow was up to the windshield and the tree was wedged between my ski and belly pan. I didn't mind digging it out alone in a blizzard and spending a half hour packing a trail so I could turn around and get back on my own track.

At about 7:30 PM i decided to go and check out an old network of hunting trails i had been to last year. Started out well, there was a track ahead of me so I didn't worry too much. However he had turned around a short while in, and I decided to keep going..

Click to Enlarge




DOH.. Quite a while later working in a sweatshirt that turned to this:





And I managed to get it out after working in the pitch black. Wish I had a shovel.



1 comment:

Politiker said...

that looks amazing, i envy your. i always loved the snow and how nature looks when snow throws herself over it