Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hike April 16, 2008

After my first attempt at going through the woods in the beginning stages of spring a week prior, I tried to visit an old camp. Although the temperature was 15 degrees warmer, it made the snow covered environment worse for travel and simple being. Despite the beauty of a new spring showing itself in the shrinking masses of snow and cold streams of winter melt, it meant going in and dealing with moisture in the air so thick you can taste it. I left with 20lbs of additional weight & showing signs of the onset of hypothermia. I must like nature having her way with me because I tend to get myself into very similar situations repeatedly without much change in my preparations...




Small networks of spring melt run under the snow in low areas.


My incomplete shelter ravaged by the weight of wet snow

No comments: