Tuesday, September 4, 2007

7 Day Fast - Preparation

Tomorrow, September 4 2007, I'll start a 7 day fast, consuming water only throughout week. A brief synopsis of fasting: Fasting is the process of abstaining from food, whether for a single meal or over a month. In history, fasting was a religious practice used by many cultures to bring themselves closer to God. Today, it's also seen as a detoxification of the digestive system and the body as a whole. As your body looks for sustenance, dead cells and toxins are purged from the system. It's a time of headaches, moments of euphoria, and pain.

I decided that I'd make a little log here on my experience, mainly for my own benefit and future reference.

Over the past two days I've been on a 100% fruit diet: apples, pears, peaches, plums, oranges, grapes and juices. Tonight I had a meal of straight pasta with garlic and seasonings for carbohydrates, and 2 litres of water. Tomorrow morning I'll have bacon & eggs, toast and orange juice, then the fast will begin. wish me luck.

3 comments:

Rob said...

Whoa... good luck bro! I'll be sure to think of you when I'm eating a big, juicy, greasy, fat-containing, artery-clogging-constantly burger. haha

Twkw said...

How is the fast coming? I tend to eat a lot less in the summer months. Doing it during that time has always been easier for me. Winter brings on the higher calorie intakes. Probably because I want nothing more than to curl up in a quilt and hibernate.

Rob said...

I'm hoping you didn't somehow starve yourself to death in seven days haha