Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day Snowmobile Ride

Today I went for the first decent length solo trip on my new Polaris XC 500. I have no pictures which is a shame considering how beautiful the trails were. I haven't had acess to a camera since i dunked BOTH my sony camcorder and my HP digital, which are now useless. My family got a expensive Canon digital which i won't be able to sneak often but i'm going to try my best. The winter scenery is too great to be missed. It actually rained here 2 days ago, and then snowed, so all of the puffy white snow sticks to the branches and everything in sight.

I went from my house to ice chest road, which is down through the groomed trails about 30 miles. The trails are in good shape, and i kept an average speed of 50 mph.

I'm thinking of taking a trip to Dugwall pit and icefishing for the stocked speckled trout. I've fished there a few times in the winter without sucess, but every spring i can easily catch fat healthy red specks. Maybe try a new technique.

PS: I managed to make it three days into my fast, which was a great experience, but i couldn't hold out a week my first try. After a couple days you get a nice natural high kind of like waking up after smoking a ton of weed. I'll have to try it again.

2 comments:

sam said...

welcome back!

Anonymous said...

OGTL... the boards are looking for you. Sounds like you got a nice x-mas gift as well.